DLTK's Bible Activities for Kids
Easter Theme Word Wall Words
Word wall templates are large flash card printables that you can hang on the wall to aid children when they are learning or using new vocabulary words.
How to use word wall words:
- The templates are found at the bottom of this page. Wherever possible, they include picture clues. There are four words per template.
- Introduce one sheet of word wall words (4 words) per week.
- Hang the words where everyone can see them.
- I like to glue them onto card stock and have a border -- I have one border color for nouns, another for verbs, another for adjectives, another for words that can be a noun or a verb, etc.
- You can display them on a bulletin board, in a pocket card or strung together like a banner around the room (see image for what this looks like).
- When you introduce each word, have the classroom 'chant' the spelling of the word. While they chant, they should clap their hands for each consonant and slap their knees for each vowel. Repeat this exercise for all of the new and one or two of the old word wall words each session.
- Make sure the word wall words are spelled correctly in any writing students do
- Distribute the word list to the children for them to take home for practice.
Ideas for using the word list:
Word Wall word template 1 color
Word Wall word template 2 color
Word Wall word template 3 color
< More Bible Word Walls Words.
to the Easter Bible lesson plan main page.
Printable version for these instructions